President of Kyrgyzstan Sooronbai Zheenbekov urged Uzbekistan to enter the markets of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) and the European Union through Kyrgyzstan, President of Kyrgyzstan said this at a press conference in Tashkent after the meeting with Uzbekistan President Shavkat Mirziyoyev.
"Kyrgyzstan has a great opportunity. We are a member of the EEU, and the EU has granted Kyrgyzstan the status of the GSP +. We can export goods to Europe without customs duties," the Kyrgyz President said.
He said that "by uniting joint efforts, we can create joint ventures and can find markets in third countries for our producers."
"From the first minutes we have felt traditional Uzbek hospitality. We are very grateful for the warm welcome. This is my first official visit as the Head of State. Kyrgyzstan firmly intends to strengthen and develop our fraternal relations. We are very interested in this. I express my sincere gratitude for the congratulations and wishes. 2017 is a turning, fateful, historic year in our relations. There were state visits by Almazbek Atambayev to Uzbekistan, yours to Kyrgyzstan. This raised our relationship to the highest level, to a very high strategic partnership. A great work has been done to achieve this, for a quarter of a century there has not been done as much as in the last year. I, as the new president of the state, want to confirm that the agreements reached are still valid. I will do my best so that they were realized for the benefit of our peoples," observed Zheenbekov.
The following documents were also signed during the official visit:
- The Program between the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic on economic, scientific, technical and humanitarian cooperation for 2018-2021;
- The Agreement between customs agencies on the organization of a simplified procedure for the implementation of customs operations when moving goods and vehicles (Simplified Customs Corridor);
- The Agreement on scientific and technical cooperation between the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the National Academy of Sciences of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- The Action plan for cooperation between the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Ministry of Emergencies of the Kyrgyz Republic in the field of emergency prevention and response for 2018;
- The Agreement on cooperation between the Federation of Trade Unions of Uzbekistan and the Federation of Trade Unions of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- The Memorandum of Understanding between the Central Council of the Union of Youth of Uzbekistan and the State Agency for Youth, Physical Culture and Sports under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Reported by Kabar (Kyrgyzstan).