The Central Commission for Elections and Referendum of the Kyrgyz Republic has decided to accredit international observers for early presidential elections.
According to the CEC press service, as of Dec. 6, 2020, 43 observers from 7 countries representing 6 international organizations were accredited as international observers:
- Hanns-Seidel Foundation in the Kyrgyz Republic - 1 observer;
- The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) - 1 observer;
- CEC of Moldova - 2 observers;
- Inter-Parliamentary of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS IPA) - 34 observers;
- CIS mission - 4 observers;
- CEC of Azerbaijan - 1 observer.
A total of 37 candidates run in Kyrgyzstan’s early presidential elections to be held on Jan. 10, 2021.
Reported by Kabar (Kyrgyzstan).